Monday, June 13, 2011

Taking Steps!

It's a no brainer that being in a big city means you walk more and drive less...but I wasn't sure how much more.

I did know I was so out of shape back in March when walking and climbing steps around the city (during interviews/apt hunting) so much that my hamstrings and quads would be sore the next day!

It's seriously easier for me to walk to some places around my apartment than to drive and attempt to 1.) parallel park or 2.) find a parking spot at all!

So...I bought a pedometer! Just a cheap $10 one from Target.

I had the day off today and it wasn't too hot to get out and walk around....so I walked to the bank instead of driving...went to the gym and did a little browsing through the mall as well!

From 1000-6:30, I logged 11,126 steps or 5.27 miles!

I work tomorrow on the unit...so I'm excited to see how many steps I'll take during a 12 hour shift! I've never worn one of these before, so I don't have anything to base it on...but I hope to definitely get at least my 10,000 steps a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment