Monday, June 27, 2011

One word sums it up....


My life that is....DIET! I've always been on one! At one point or another in my life I've been on a diet! Not always a starvation style diet....but still a "attack" or "plan" to lose a few pounds that have crept on during lackadaisical eating!


America has made a killing off of me! From Weight Watchers (many many times), diet pills (yes I did), LA Weight Loss, vegan diets/vegetarian diets, to now.....17 Day Diet!!!

Say what you want...I need structure....a plan! I can't afford Oprah's chef (and to be honest what's going on there?).

The 17 Day Diet is new on the market! It's a book written by Dr. Michael Moreno. The diet is split up into 4 cycles of 17 days each. The cycles keep your body and metabolism "confused". I hoping the 17 day cycles keeps me interested and not bored!!!


One of my friends told me about it....so I thought why not!!! It's not a crazy diet....

Here is what is allowed in Cycle 1:

Lean Proteins:

Salmon, canned or fresh Sole Flounder Catfish Tilapia Canned light tuna (in water)

Chicken breasts Turkey breasts Ground turkey, lean Eggs (2 eggs = 1 serving) Egg Whites (4 egg whites = 1 serving)

Cleansing Vegetables:

Artichoke Artichoke hearts Asparagus Bell peppers, green, orange, red, yellow Broccoli Brussel sprouts Cabbage Carrots Cauliflower Celery Cucumbers Eggplant Garlic Green beans Green, leafy vegetables (including beat greens, turnip greens, collard greens) Kale Leeks Lettuce, all varieties Mushrooms Okra Onions Parsley Scallions Spinach Tomatoes Watercress

Low-Sugar Fruit- 2 servings daily

Apples Berries, all types Grapefruit Oranges Peaches Pears Plums Prickly pear cactus Prunes Red grapes

Probiotic Foods- 2 servings daily

Yogurts, any type including Greek-Style, sugar-free fruit flavored, plan and low-fat (6 oz = 1 serving) Kefir: similar to drinking-style yogurt; great for making smoothies (1 cup = 1 serving) Low-fat acidophilus milk (1 cup = 1 serving) Yakult (small 50-calorie bottle) Breakstone LiveActive cottage cheese (1/2 c = 1 serving) Reduced salt miso dissolved in low-fat, low-sodium broth (1 tablespoon = 1 serving) Tempeh (a fermented cake of pressed soybeans) (4 oz = 1 serving) Sauerkraut (1/2 c = 1 serving) Kimichi (Korean cabbage) (1/2 c = 1 serving)

Friendly Fats: 1 to 2 tablespoons daily

Olive Oil Flaxseed Oil

Condiments: allowed in moderation

Salsa Low-carb marinara sauce Lite soy sauce Low-carb ketchup Fat free sour cream Low-fat low-sodium broth Truvia Sugar free jams and jellies Vegetable cooking spray Fat-free cheeses Fat-free salad dressing Salt Pepper Vinegar Mustard Herbs


I'll let you know how it goes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment