This past June/July my physician told me about this evidence based diet by Joel Fuhrman...he has two books...Eat to Live and Eat for Health. I purchased his Eat to Live which transforms your current diet to more of a vegetarian diet. I did it for a month or two and was shocked by how I didn't feel "bloated" and was shocked by how people noticed I was dropping weight!
The other great thing about his book is that it relates our "American" diet to disease. His main point is how eating by his diet can reverse Type II Diabetes. As a nurse, I'm skeptical about this...but hey....give it a try!
I lost about 10lbs following his vegetarian diet and felt amazing!
My skin was clear...my hair was shiny...had more energy...
Here is the basics of his diet....aka lifestyle change!
A month or so after, I reintroduced meat into my diet...and haven't been eating well at all...and I feel awful...so here is my best attempt to get back on the wagon! I will say that my vegan/vegetarian lifestyle choice is health based and I do love a good piece of steak and I WILL eat that on occasions. I joke with people at work saying I'm a modified vegan! Hehe!
You can't go vegan overnight...think of how many things you eat that have eggs and milk. Yeah....Subways veggie sandwich--bread has eggs! It takes time and learning to read labels to find foods that are "Vegan".
This morning on The Early Show, they had Kim Barnouin on the cooking segment, showing off her new cookbook, Skinny Bitch. I was happy to hear she is vegetarian and trying to move vegan! It's the new thing people!!!
I also subscribe to a VEGATARIAN magazine...which featured a winery in CA that is a organic vegan winery! They pride on their sulfite free wine!! It's Frey's Vineyard...check it out!
If you're skeptical....try it! I followed Joel Fuhrman's diet and was amazed at how easy it was to drop 5-10lbs!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment