Sunday, November 21, 2010

Branching out...



My whole life I think I have judged food "by it's cover"...until last summer I couldn't bring myself to try guacamole....or this past summer spinach....and it turns out I love both of these green foods!

Each morning my breakfast normally consists of a smoothie with fruit, spinach, some yogurt and protein powder. I've always liked yogurt...but never could bring myself to try the greek yogurt. My co-workers love it and I'm going to try it!

I have always been a label reader while grocery shopping....and tonight I compared Stonyfield yogurt to the Chobani yogurt. Chobani has 13 more grams of protein than Stonyfield per 8oz! Wowzers!!

Since going to more of a vegetarian diet (I try anyway) I've been trying to find more ways to get protein! 1/2 cup of yogurt + 2 scoops of my protein powder in my smoothie would give me 27 grams of protein for breakfast! That's 27 grams out of 46 grams/day. Add some hummus, beans, veggies..TADAA!

Ok...I'm trying the Chobani in the AM!

No comments:

Post a Comment