Friday, November 5, 2010

Don't throw out the bananas!!!


Don't you hate it when you buy bananas and they seem to go brown before you can eat them!!! I normally don't have this problem since I put them in my smoothies...but on the occasion I do have brown bananas in the house!

Instead of pitching them....

Put them in the freezer and save for BANANA BREAD! Just defrost and mash them up for your bread!!! I have a loaf in the oven now!!! Banana bread is super simple to make too....here is a recipe I used today...

Jancie's Banana Bread

3 bananas, well mashed
1 c. sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 c. vegetable oil
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup nuts (I used Pecans)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mash bananas in mixing bowl. Add sugar, eggs and oil, mixing well each time. Sift dry ingredients together and add to banana mixture. Pour in greased 5x9 loaf pan and bake 55-60 minutes.

Ta-daaaa.....BANANA BREAD!


No comments:

Post a Comment