Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Trader Joe's!


I ventured out today to Falls Church, Virginia...purpose of the trip was to go to a nursing scrub store....which turned out to be a cheap clothing store that resembled Roses that sold some printed nursing tops. No thank you! I will order online.

While out in the same shopping center, I did find a Michaels which I was able to find a few things for an upcoming party! So not a complete fail!


The best part of the trip...Trader Joe's!!! A friend of mine had told me there was a Trader Joe's out that way, but when I left my house earlier today this was not on my agenda....this quickly changed as I could not resist to stop and pick up some vino!!! I love Trader Joes! Too bad I grocery shopped just the other day and it was approximately 110 degrees in my car and I didn't have anything to help keep things frozen on my drive home! :-( So my shopping cart consisted of....two bags of yogurt covered pretzels and a case of wine! (Like I said earlier...I have a party coming up!)

I use to automatically go for the Charles Shaw three buck chuck wine. But this time I strolled the wine aisle and was shocked to find many many wines that were nicely priced!!!

I have tactic when picking wines...1.) type of wine (Chardonnay, Cab, Merlot, Riesling,.....) then, 2.) prettiness of the label/uniqueness of the label then 3.) price, then 4.) I read the bottle description!

Everyone has their way of going about picking wines....I like mine! Even better way is if the store is having a wine tasting!!!

Santa Barbara Landing 2009 Chardonnay
Rene Barbier Mediterranean Red Catalunya
Blue Fin 2009 California Chardonnay
2009 Chariot Gypsy
Honey Moon Viognier 2009 California
La Finca 2010 Cabernet Savignon Argentina Mendoza
Tres Pinos 2009 San Luis Obispo County Three Pines Cuvee White
JW Morris 2010 California Riesling

1 comment:

  1. I love wine from Trader Joes! And I totally pick out bottles based on the label, too. (Target has some really cute ones, but then I never actually want to drink them. They look better as part of the decor!) Anyway, if you haven't already tried it, TJ's has an amazing $2 bottle of sparkling wine. I was introduced to it over Memorial Day weekend at the beach, where we basically drank it as water. So good!

    ReplyDelete