Nicholas Sparks book...Miley Cyrus Movie...tear-jerker!!! I can't say I read the book...I tried but couldn't finish it...
I went to see the movie tonight and it touched me on so many levels. If you don't want to have it spoiled stop reading here....
The movie I thought would be a lovey dovey typical Nicholas Sparks type...yes it was lovey dovey, but also showed family struggles. In the movie the family went through divorce, teenage rebelion, and finally death. If you decide to see the movie, make sure you have tissues! It was ironic for me...since my father's anniversary of his death is next Wednesday, April 28th.
My father, James "Jim" Lee Webb passed away April 28th, 2001 after a scuba diving accident in Key Largo, FL. The movie brought back so many memories I had with my dad. While Ronnie and her father shared music and the piano, that was baseball for me and my dad. Dad and I sat through 70+ baseball games per season at Kannapolis Bollweevils, later to be called the Kannapolis Intimidators. We rarely missed a game. Our last game we had to leave the game a little early so dad could meet up with his scuba group to get ready for their trip. I remember telling dad to get some cool pictures and not to get bitten by a shark! Little did I know he would not come back from that trip. The group brought back his camera and many of stories which provided some comfort. The let us know how he talked about his family and how he splurged on dinner the night before with some awesome "Peel and Eat" Shrimp.
This event in my life has taught me many lessons....1. Live each day like it's your last. 2. Always tell your loved ones how you feel about them. 3. Never take life for granted. 4. Life may not always seem fair and sometimes you just don't understand.
Love ya Dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment