Friday, October 9, 2009

Day 2 & 3- Tonsillectomy

So, life has gotten a little more rough since the day of my tonsillectomy. Day 1...not so bad. Ate some creamy chicken soup...ice cream etc...with little problem. Day 2, I looked like I was getting a goiter! My neck is so swollen! And what happens when you neck swells....you can't talk....and your ears hurt! Ekk! Last night...was the worst night of all, woke up frequently, couldn't talk, dry mouth but it hurt to drink, and just unable to get comfy! Booo!

Just a few random thoughts that come to mind...

Sleeping a 1/2 hr at a time is NOT ideal sleep
Apparently I have a speech impediment....even though I feel my pronunciation is fine! (I have a white board now!)
After awhile, icecream/italian ice gets old
Pain medications work, but I can't keep my eyes open when I take it!
I'm defiantly not use to people waiting on me hand and foot...and I'm not really a fan!

As my eyes are closing now, I will end this post before it gets confusing!
J

No comments:

Post a Comment