This 4th of July was full of new and exciting things! I left on Friday and caught the Amtrak train to Alexandria. This 6hr-ish train ride was nice and relaxing! I spent most of the train ride crocheting and listening to my ipod (Michael Jackson of course). I got to the train station in Alexandria around 6pm and Peter was there to pick me up and get me checked into my hotel. It was nice to get off the train and see him there, since it's been a few weeks since we were together! We went to get dinner at Indigo Landing and sat on the patio overlooking the Potomac River! It was a gorgeous setting with the DC skyline in the distance. The Washington Nationals set off fireworks after the game and we were able to view them from where we were having dinner! Talk about perfect timing and a great night!
Saturday we spent most of the day walking about Old Town Alexandria! Such a cute town on the waterfront! They have a trolley that goes around the town which is super cute! There were lots of people out walking with their family and dogs! This really made me want a dog! A boat is on that wishlist too.... There were people on the sidewalk playing patriotic tunes, people doing magic tricks, and a parrot stand (why I don't know). The people watching was unbelieveable! We went to one of his friends house for a cookout that night...watched the fireworks and socialized.
Sunday we went to a Washington Nationals game, which they won! Exciting because apparently they aren't that good! They played the braves and won! The weather couldn't have been better the whole weekend! It was warm during the day with a breeze and cool at night!
Overall...I had a great weekend!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment