Saturday, June 27, 2009

Southern Village


Last night, I went out to see the NC Symphony at Southern Village. Liz and I got there more than an hour before start time and it was already packed! I guess I wasn't expecting such a large crowd. We met Liz's dad and brother there and had a picnic. It was fun seeing how everyone else was picnic'ing...one couple had a large table with a tablecloth and flowers in a vase...others had small tables and sat on a blanket. Interesting! (If you're a people watcher...this was the perfect event for that!)

We took with us, subs, pasta salad, and coleslaw for the meal, with white wine and peach torte for dessert. Everything was yummy! The symphony played lots of movie music so everything was recognizable.

We got a handout with future events at Southern Village including Movies on the Green and concerts in the park! I think I'll defiently be checking out more events!


1 comment:

  1. ooh I love to go to concert on the green with picnics and such. R and I haven't done one in a while but I just might have to bug him about that. Miss you so much. Gonna have to set up something to get together with you, Liz, Mikey, etc.

    ReplyDelete