Yes- roommate searching! Roommate searching I've determined is like online dating...you think about your deal breakers and your must haves, make THE LIST, put up an ad on Craigslist, then you wait! After a few days or weeks, you get a response! Then you must figure out, are they normal- you question them and figure out, should we meet? It's a crazy thought, just like on You've got Mail- when Kathleen Kelly (Meg Ryan) freaks out when her online guy asks her to meet! After you get a few emails, then comes more emails, these start to sound sketchy....
Example 1:
SKETCHY
Regarding the room, am coming to stay for 6months
but presently on research work at Guam and will be coming for my
master degree March. I would have loved to call you but this is a
remote area calls are very hard to go through from here, so please try
and understand... Meanwhile I'll would have like to come and check at
the room before renting but am very far... but with pictures that will
make me happy.
I'll also like you to tell me more about yourself and if you have
garage or parking space cos i will have my own car come over, please
let me know the total amount for the first month rent and payment will
be done by via US Cashier's & Certified Check. So i'll need you to
provide me your full mailing information so that payment can be issued
out to you on time...
master degree March. I would have loved to call you but this is a
remote area calls are very hard to go through from here, so please try
and understand... Meanwhile I'll would have like to come and check at
the room before renting but am very far... but with pictures that will
make me happy.
I'll also like you to tell me more about yourself and if you have
garage or parking space cos i will have my own car come over, please
let me know the total amount for the first month rent and payment will
be done by via US Cashier's & Certified Check. So i'll need you to
provide me your full mailing information so that payment can be issued
out to you on time...
Example 2:
SKETCHY
....I speak both English and Spanish fluently ,am presently on research work at xxxxx, and almost
done with that bcos its part of my prerequisite for my masters in
Microbiology . I would have loved to call you but this is a remote
area calls is hard to go through from here and i don't want to waste
much time .Am really interested in renting from you or to be your
roomie and i do really love pets but i don't have any at the moment.I
would have loved to see it but am very far,but with pictures,I am
glad. I will also like you to tell me more about you and if you have
garage or parking space cos I will have my own car come over,pls let
me know the total payment of the place and more over I will send your
email to my dad for him to email you later bcos he is the one that
will be paying the bills but nevertheless,I will like you to send me
your
1.....Full Name to write on the check
2.....Full Physical address to post the check(P.O box never accepted)
3.....City, State and Zip Code
4.....Home Phone to contact you
5.....Cell Phone to contact you
so that my Dad will issue out the payment for the place as soon as
possible,with that you can hold on the place for me till i come. I
will be looking forward to your email soonest.
Microbiology . I would have loved to call you but this is a remote
area calls is hard to go through from here and i don't want to waste
much time .Am really interested in renting from you or to be your
roomie and i do really love pets but i don't have any at the moment.I
would have loved to see it but am very far,but with pictures,I am
glad. I will also like you to tell me more about you and if you have
garage or parking space cos I will have my own car come over,pls let
me know the total payment of the place and more over I will send your
email to my dad for him to email you later bcos he is the one that
will be paying the bills but nevertheless,I will like you to send me
your
1.....Full Name to write on the check
2.....Full Physical address to post the check(P.O box never accepted)
3.....City, State and Zip Code
4.....Home Phone to contact you
5.....Cell Phone to contact you
so that my Dad will issue out the payment for the place as soon as
possible,with that you can hold on the place for me till i come. I
will be looking forward to your email soonest.
My Questions:
- Are they early risers or night owls? Light sleeper or good sleeper?
- What is their typical work or school schedule?
- What do they need to feel secure (locking windows, etc)?
- What temperature do they think is comfortable?
- Are they neat or "relaxed??
- What are their favorite/least favorite chores? How to do they like to divide up household work (chore list, just do it when they feel like it, etc.).
- Are they allergic to anything? (Examples: peanuts, perfume, milk, flowers, mold, smoke).
- Do they smoke, drink, or do any other kinds of recreational drugs?
- Do they enjoy talking or do they prefer to be quiet all the time? Do they talk about feelings or keep to themselves?
- Do they enjoy decorating, or do they not care about decorating? What decorating style do they have?
- What kind of music do they listen to and, more importantly, do they particularly enjoy listening to it when it's loud?
- How much TV do they watch? What do they watch? Are they fans of a sport team that you do not support or a sport you do not like
- Do they like to share some items like pots and dishes or do they prefer to have separate everything?
- How often do they invite friends and romantic interests over? (Are you comfortable with the crowd they hang out with?)
Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment