Monday, March 19, 2012

Apartment!



I found a roommate last week and an apartment this week!!!
Whoo-hooo!!!

Talk about a huge relief! I was getting very frustrated with this whole process...talk to anyone who knows me, I have been pretty stressed and short tempered when it comes to apartment hunting lately!


The Roommate:
I was very up in the air about getting a roommate...but seeing how the rent is so cotton picking high in this area, you almost have to (unless you want to be eating Ramen!). I've lived alone many years of my adult life and was uncertain I wanted to go back to the roommate style of life. Don't get me wrong, I had many good years of roommate living too! I met my roommate on Craigslist, which is scary sounding I get it! But, mind you, I put my ad on there too and I don't consider myself to be a scary person! I feel I'm pretty normal! We met up one day and hit it off! I refer to our meeting like a blind date- What do you do? What do you want to pay? Do you smoke? Do you have pets? Do you do drugs? Ok...now that we got that out of the gate....let's chat! We found out that we were quite alike! Blonde...like to cook....she likes to work out (I'm neutral on that one)...we have BF's we adore....we have jobs that pay the bills....we coupon....we are organized people....what better way to start out a roommate situation? We are on the same page with a lot of things!!!

Many apartments were viewed over the past two weeks and honestly the rent is too high! How can one charge this much? Because people will pay it! Well....not me! Well....not anymore! I fell in that first category when I moved up here and I didn't know any better! I will be moving to a beautiful garden style apartment a little away from the city! It almost reminds me of NC! There are little courtyards between the buildings and a lot of trees! Better yet, it's not a high rise building! It's all been renovated and they are very nice! One of my girlfriends and her hubby actually live right down the road too!!! Plus, I got a great deal!!! BINGO!




http://pipartners.wordpress.com/2012/02/27/the-luck-of-the-irish/

1 comment: