Thursday, February 17, 2011

Megabus


So apparently this isn't a new thing...but it is a new thing to Durham NC! Megabus is a regular bus that makes trips between major cities daily. Megabus leaves Durham and goes to Richmond and Washington DC three times a day with fares as low a $1 one way! What you may say?!?!

I rode it today! Yes...this blog is being written from the Starbuck in Chinatown! I just got off the Megabus and I'm enjoying a iced coffee as I wait on mister mister to get off work!

The bus wasn't bad....it did have wifi....and was suppose to have power outlets....well, it had actual power outlets but they didn't work.

I chatted with a few people sitting around me on the bus....my neighbor- a Asian male, mid 20's, grad student from Duke who was traveling to interview at George Mason University for a PhD program in Neuroscience. Another guy, mid 20's grad student at Duke who frequently traveled on Megabus back home to visit family in New York. Two other young people behind me looked like they were retreating to the DC area for a fraternity social....quite annoying if you ask me! There were families with children....single people....people making a pit stop in DC before heading to NYC....all sorts.

With gas prices climbing over $3.00....why not try the megabus! My roundtrip ticket was $30! The earlier you book the cheaper it is!!!

http://us.megabus.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment