I got into DC Thursday afternoon around 4:00. I made my way into the city (I'm brave!)...and settled in at Union Station and got some studying done for my chemistry course, and did a lot of people watching as well! I love people watching...not in a creepy way...just observing the way people interact! Union Station is 1.) Beautiful, 2.)Hectic, and 3.) a experience everyone needs to experience. You have DC people coming through via the Metro system, people shopping in the mall, people rushing to catch the Amtrak train etc. Diverse group of people!
http://www.unionstationdc.com/directions.aspx
Peter met me there....just a few metro stops from where he works and it was so nice to see him again! Our time a part is not as bad as last year, we are both making the effort to visit as much as possible! From there we grabbed dinner and met some friends out for a friends last night in town. Peter's roommate is leaving town for a new job assignment!
Friday I spent the day studying Chemistry...and exploring some around town. I took some pictures in Old Town, Alexandria which I will upload when I get my camera cord! I love Old Town....beautiful town on the Potomac River. Marina type area with cute shops and restaurants. It was a gloomy morning, but the skies cleared up later in the day! I decided to venture into DC to pick Peter up from work...great plan....get to the city early...park...grab coffee...then get him from work. That great plan was halted by Officer Reid of DC Police. What did I do?!? Illegal right turn...unintentionally! Apparently she felt sorry for this southerner in the city and let me off with a warning! I did make it then to coffee but my nerves were shot! I hate being pulled!
Saturday, Peter's identical twin came to visit! This was the first time I met John since we started dating! We went to the mall in Petagon City and explored a little bit. This picture was taken at the Washington Nationals game Saturday night! Most of our pictures are together at the baseball game!!! It was a gorgeous cool night....perfect weather for baseball....but again, is there ever bad weather for baseball?!?
(Notice the Capitol building in the background!!!)
Sunday was a new experience for me....Peter, John and I met some friends at the NRA Range....National Rifle Association shooting range. The guys were getting ready for their African Safari...and I was taught how to shoot. I shot a rifle two times...one time I hit the target! Pretty good if you ask me! It was scary at first....but it felt great! I was smiling ear to ear! I have one of the shells to remember my experience!
I really like DC...it's a big scary place with lots of traffic and lots of people....but it's also exciting to me! It's something I've never experienced before....defiantly not anything like Salisbury, Greensboro, Greenville or Chapel Hill, NC! These are places I've spent part of my life! I'm looking forward to experiencing more of what the city has to offer...and who knows what will happen! :-)
Souvenirs:
Warning ticket from DC Police Officer Reid
Rifle shell
New friends
Memories to last a lifetime!
No comments:
Post a Comment