Monday, February 1, 2010

It's a Test!!!

So while at the grocery store today in this snowy weather, I got to thinking...poor birds...they can't find any worms in the 2-4 inches of snow thats on the ground! I'd hate to be a starving bird right now!

A year or so ago, while talking "normal person" talk with a patients family at work, I was told that mixing Cayenne pepper into bird seed will keep squirrels away! Perfect!!! I love feeding the birds (not in a creepy bird lady way), but it's something I got from my father. He always fed the birds, as did his parents.



So today while at the store I bought some bird seed and a Hot Chili Pepper...no cayenne pepper to be found at Harris Tetter...maybe it's not in season...who knows! I cut up the pepper in 4 pieces and added some powdered cayenne pepper and put it in the bird feed...so we'll see if this keep the squirrels away! The squirrels always make such a mess with the feed!



It's a Test!!! Will report back soon!!!
J

No comments:

Post a Comment