Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11






I woke up this morning to watch the new coverage on 9/11/01. I can't believe it was 8 years ago. I can remember exactly where I was at that time. I remember sitting in 2nd period at East Rowan High School in math class. I remember a friend had gotten a phone call from her mother telling her about the attack. I remember being confused by what was happening...who could have done this...and why? School went about the rest of the day...some students went home early...but mostly we watched news coverage the rest of the day. I remember hearing about all the church prayer services that would be occuring that evening. After school I remember sitting at home with my family watching the horrible news coverage of the plane crashing into the buildings. Very sad day!

Last summer I was actually in New York City and we went to Ground Zero. I was there for a work conference, but we escaped class for some site seeing. I will post pictures from my trip. I remember seeing flowers, names, American flags, candles, and prayers left by the site. Construction was in process. It's amazing how one horrific event can change America!

My thoughts and prayers go out to those who lost loved ones during the attack and to those who had their life changed because of it! God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment