Monday, December 12, 2011

Wreaths Across America


Earlier this year, I heard from a friend about this wreath laying project at Arlington National Cemetery. I got a group of friends together and we went out and helped out with the project this year! Below are some pictures!


Hopefully next year there will be enough sponsorship for every gravesite to have a wreath. This year they fell short of their goal. Wreaths are $15 and every wreath has to be sponsored!
There were soooo many volunteers, Peter and I were thrilled to finally find a truck that had wreaths!!!

Our group- my eyes will never be open for pictures!!!

Very touching link:
"Thousands of military and civilian volunteers laid 100,000 donated holiday wreaths on headstones at the cemetery. Donated by the Worcester Wreath Co. of Harrington, Maine, the wreaths are now part of a 20-year tradition of decorating and honoring the graves of soldiers, sailors, Marines and guard members who served their country."


Stay tuned for next year!!!

1 comment: