I'm on a new diet by Joel Fuhrman, basically a vegetarian/vegan type diet and he suggest having smoothies for breakfast to help get in fruits. Over the last week, I have concurred the smoothie making process...and actually feel "full" until lunchtime!!! YAY!
Dr. Fuhrman's website....http://www.drfuhrman.com/
Today, I had a Oprah "A HA" moment, make a GREEN SMOOTHIE to help add in some veggies to my diet. There are only soooo many salads you can eat...steamed veggies (although sauteed squash/onions/ and zucchini are yummy) etc.
After dinner I decided to make a smoothie...and add SPINACH! I googled it earlier (at work- tiss tiss), and found that adding citrus fruits helps to dull the spinach taste.

(Not my smoothie....but you get the idea!)
So, here I went- (approximately) 1 up fresh strawberries, 2 handfuls of baby spinach, 2 bananas, 1/2 cup water and 1 cup frozen mango! It made 2 servings (or two Jancie servings). Kyla (my roommate) had a glass and approved. You couldn't even taste the spinach!
If you can get past your smoothie being green in color, give it a try! I look forward to making more GREEN SMOOTHIES and trying other fruits/veggie combinations!!!
Check this link out on GREEN SMOOTHIES!!
http://www.vitamix.com/household/Health/green_smoothie.asp
Until I go more GREEN,
Jancie
It was delicious!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks!!!
ReplyDelete