
So my new task/goal is to clip coupons weekly and use them to save $ at the grocery store! It's insane how much you can save at the grocery store by doing this. I did some research yesterday on coupons, and found a few websites that have suggestions and tips! My sister in law got me motivated when she told me she spent $30 and saved $40!!! Wowzers!
Stat- 25-34 age group -->78% use coupons! This makes me feel better, I normally feel like a huge distraction in the grocery store with my coupon file...fiddling through expired and current coupons!!! I'm NOT alone!!!
http://www.rd.com/advice-and-know-how/calling-all-coupon-clippers/article10842.html
http://www.nj.com/business/index.ssf/2010/02/the_basic_and_best_strategy_fo.html
I found that some people use the coupon file....other hard core couponers use a 3 ring binder with baseball card slots for extreme organization....uh hmm MELISSA!!!
My first step was get the Sunday paper...clip clip clip --> check
Throw out expired coupons from old organizer--> check
Organize new coupons--> check
Go through Harris Teeters online specials-->check
SHOP!!!
I found that alot of coupons in the paper where things that were on sale at HT this week!!! This may be a no brainer but made me happy! As you read my blog you may find that it's the little things in life that give me that AH HAH moment that Oprah
describes!
I will post back with my results...the savings might be small at first and I'm ok with that...but any savings is a savings right!?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment